Thursday, April 21, 2011

The new cage!

So we've decided to extend our guinea pig family! I am so excited. We had been trying to work out if we'd get chickens and have lots of yummy organic eggs, or get more guinea pigs, and maybe try and breed some unusual varieties.

Guinea pigs won!

We purchased a monster of a cage, which is actually a chicken coup, on eBay last weekend. It arrived today! My hubby got home early from work, we managed to get both kids down for an afternoon nap and set about putting the darn thing together. It was a mission and a half.



This was about 90mins into the process. We had to tie Oliver the dog up to his bed as he was getting a little excited and standing under our feet!


After four hours, and a couple of child-related interruptions, it is finally done. I don't have photos yet though, as by this stage it was dark! But I promise to take lots more tomorrow. I can't wait for the guinea's to move in!!

4 comments:

  1. Hi! Followed you over here from your bear blog... I'm following via RSS feed... because I've loved your little Guinea Pig posts... I'm in love with Sprout, what an amazing looking little fellow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your guinea pigs. There are so inspiring I am going to try needlefelting some. Thank you for sharing them with us.
    Hugs
    Hillary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, thanks guys! I'm blown away that someone is interested in the piggys too. I kind of thought it was just me! And little Sprout is a heartbreaker... so excited to see how he grows and what kind of babies he makes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I really need a cage like that for my guinea pigs!!!

    ReplyDelete